Monday, January 7, 2013

hhhhmmmm...it doesn't look good for the pictures...

So I went to Staples yesterday and they were less than helpful, just basically told me to come back today and talk to someone else. I understand not having a technician there on a Sunday but still frustrating that when I did go back today the girl wouldn't do anything. That would have been nice to be told yesterday that no technician work is done on site for this kind of thing!

I then took it to the same local company that helped me out with my computer last time and they weren't 100% sure they would be able to open the hard drive and actually get the information off it so chose not to leave it with them. So, my only option at this point is to send the external hard drive away through the Staples Easy Recovery program and hope for the best that they can recover the photos from it. The sucky thing is that it's only 3 months worth of photos that I want, but those photos include Halloween, our November Nanaimo trip and of course Christmas :o(

I keep telling myself that it's not the end of the world and it could be a lot worse, but right now I'm just bummed out! I know some of the photos are backed up on Shutterfly from October and November but only about 20 from December. Oh well, looking up and won't make the same mistake again! From now on, all photos will be backed up in no less than TWO places!

I'm hoping for the very best that our precious photos can be recovered for us...but going to keep a positive attitude even if they can't.

No picture today for the blog because literally every single picture I have is on that one external and although they are on the other one I don't want to hook it all up right now to upload one, so it's a photo free post.

TOMORROW'S POST: Two pictures and telling you about our 20 week ultrasound we had today :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment