Saturday, October 19, 2013

How this blog brightened my night

About 8 months ago I took the time to photograph the pages of one of my favorite books that I had read to James because years down the road I didn't want to forget it. You might remember the post, here it is if you want to see it.

Fast forward to last night and James hadn't gotten to talk to Jim for a few nights so was missing him and unfortunately the FaceTime wasn't working very good so I took the opportunity to email the link to the blog to Jimmy.

The picture below is my big boy listening along as Daddy read him this book over speaker phone.

 It was so adorable and as soon as it was done James jumped and said "Daddy, I'll go find another one for you to read now". I had to explain that that was the only book that Daddy could see to read to him, so today I'm going to photograph and post 4 more books (2 for each boy) that they can look through while listening to their Daddy's voice. I'm also going to have Jimmy take some videos of himself signing Pat a Cake and the Itsy Bitsy Spider so I can show them to Jordan as he's almost always in bed now when we do get to talk to Daddy. When Jim goes back the next time he will take some of the duplicate books that we have so there will always be something that he can do to make that short talk time special for James.

It is tough being without Daddy, but just about 1 week in and we are SURVIVING! A few hiccups along the way, but we did it. Next weekend we are off to Chilliwack to see my brothers and nieces and nephews so it will be a nice 4 day break from home and after that we'll just have 1 more week till Daddy is home!

No comments:

Post a Comment