Monday, January 21, 2013

Nana & Papa are coming home!

My parents are back safely on Canadian soil and should be in the truck right now on the way to the ferry in Horseshoe Bay. They went on a 7-day Caribbean cruise which I hope was everything they were hoping it was going to be. Because of the travel aspect they've been gone for 10 nights and I'm sure they are as anxious to get home as I am for them to get home. The 5 hour trip home from Vancouver is always the worst part of any trip PR people make.

Whenever my parents go away we stay at their house and look after my fur brother Diesel as well as their house. This home feels very comfortable to us and we spend a lot of time here. Now when Diesel sees their suitcases, I'm sure he knows we are coming and that they will arrive home again because the last few trips they've taken his worry fact (aka pacing around sulking) has gotten much better. The best part of the whole thing is to see how happy that freaking dog gets when they do get home! I won't see it today cause I'll be at work, but I'm so looking forward to 5 pm when I get to rush here to there house and throw my arms around my Mama....everything will truly be right in my world again. I love that lady so damn much and miss our daily chats when she's away. 10 days is a long time for me to not talk to her :o)

I am very lucky to have the parents that I have...and I try to never take that for granted because I know so many people who don't.

And because no post is really complete without at least a photo or two...here is my wonderful, getting older fur brother Diesel. He looks so old in this photo, although he just turned 7 while they were away.

James often calls Diesel his best friend...can you tell he loves him, just a little bit? :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment