Thursday, January 17, 2013

Franklin love his mudder....

James loves Franklin books. For about the last year they are his absolute favorite. Ones like Franklin Goes to School and Franklin Rides His Bike have been read probably at least 100 times each. For Christmas, Andra bought James 3 new Franklin books that I luckily found at Chapters in Nanaimo, as our local Cole's only sells the new Franklin books that unfortunately look just like the TV show! Why can't kids books stick to being books, why do they all have to look like TV?

Anyways, one of the three books is called Franklin Says I Love You. I really honestly didn't know when I bought the book that it was all about how Franklin wants to get his mother something special for her birthday, but also will admit that I do absolutely love that it focuses on how much he loves his mother.

So, we've been reading this book almost daily since Christmas and as much as I tell James that it's called Franklin Says I Love You he insists "no Mommy, it's called Franklin love his mudder." It melts my heart that everyday he asks to read this book and I assure you that I will never say no to this book as long as he wants to keep reading it.

And in true James form I ask him at the end of the book "do you love your mother?" and he says "uuhhh nope." So I ask "what about your mommy, do you love your mommy," hoping that he just doesn't realize that they are the same person as I am always Mommy or Mama....yet I still always get "uuuhhh nope."

One day he will realize how much he does love his mudder...but in the meantime I really don't need anything more than for him to tell me "I Love You" just as Franklin tells his Mother on her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment