Wednesday, June 8, 2016

7 of the busiest days in the life of me

I have a mommy friend that has a great blog about her life as a stay at home mom with her 3 little munchkins (her oldest is the same age as James). Some of my favorite posts of hers are her "day in the life of" posts because they make me realize how much work she does and how hard she works at being a mom. I too am busy, but in very different ways. I still have most of the same chores she does (you know that laundry and stuff doesn't just do itself!) but a lot of the kid carting around I don't do so much because James is in full day school and Jordie is in daycare most days. But I digress....my life is very busy these days and just for fun I thought I would write out what 7 of our family's busiest days in recent months looked like!

Friday, May 20
9:00 - Jim and James off to school for class field trip
9:30 - Take cakes to Kelly's house for decorating
10:00-11:00 - Jordie t-ball at the Complex
11:30 - Drop Jordie at Nana & Papa's house for the afternoon
12:30 - 4:30 - Work
4:45 - load up van with party stuff, then back to Kelly's to pick up awesome Paw Patrol cake
5:00 - arrive at Nana and Papa's for dinner and party prep and decorating with the Reimer family
8:00 - home to get kids to bed!























Saturday, May 21
6:15 - drink tea and count down the hours until bed time tonight!
7:15 - Kids up and ready to go to N&P's
7:45 - head to N&P's for last of party prep
8:00-10:00 - party prep
10:00 - 12:30 - Jordie's birthday party, including games, cake and food!
12:30-1:30 - Clean up
2:00 - Home for Jordie nap from 2:30-4:30 (James stayed at N&P's, Jim ran errands like recycling, bottle depot and grocery store). I think I downloaded pictures during this time and did some party clean up at our house
5:00 - back to N&P's for pizza supper with Reimer kids, get kids bathed and packed up
8:00 - take all 5 kids back to our house for sleepover, make beds downstairs, tuck in at 8:30pm
9:00 - finally sit down for the night
10:00 - Jordie still awake...clearly he napped too late today!






















Sunday, May 22
ALL kids up before 7am
7:30 - to N&P's so we could say goodbye to them, and Jim could make all of the rest of us a yummy pancake breakfast, great visit with Chris & Teresa!
10:30 - back home to take pictures of boys beds to get them sold to make room for new bunk beds
11:00 - 1:00 - Jordie early nap, I spent this whole time packing to move to N&P's for two weeks
3:00 - James karate
3:30 - Jim and boys to N&P's house to visit and start supper prep
4:00 - 5:00 - Kim at home gathering last of stuff to move to N&P's house
6:00 - Yummy steak dinner made by Jim and Teresa! Another great visit with the Reimers
7:40 - All kids to bed as Reimers were leaving early the next day. Jim to stay at home that night to clean out the boys old room to make room for the new bunk beds.
10:00 - Finally off to bed (only to be woken up 3 times that night by Diesel/kids/etc)










Monday, May 23 (Jordie's BIRTHDAY!)
4:00 - awake to say goodbye to the Reimer family
7:00 - boys up, 7:45 - mom up
9:00 - Jim left to go and get new bunk beds with Bill Parkin
10:00 - boys and I to our house to see new beds and to take Jordie's photos with Harris the Bear (that blog post coming soon too!)
10:30-11:45 - bike ride and visit with the Tassell's at Westview (this is fastly becoming a favorite activity for me....the boys play basketball or hockey and Ash and I walk around the school and catch up!)
12:00 - James and I off to get present for birthday party
12:30-3:15 - James's friend Macy's birthday party at the Complex (lunch and swimming)
3:30 - back home to help Jim make dinner for Jordie's family birthday dinner
4:00 - Garretts and Bumma arrive, time to open presents
5:30 - hot dogs and nachos for supper!
7:30 - early night after a very long and busy weekend!
































Tuesday, May 24
8:45 - James to school, Jordie to daycare
9:00-1:00 - Strata work at home
1:00-6:00 - Kim work
6:00 - Rush to t-ball so Jim can rush off to Sunset for his own ball game
6:00-7:30 - T-ball for James
7:30-9:00 - visit at Willingdon campsite with Aaron & Kayla
9:45 - kids finally into bed...I stayed up until close to 11 to just have some quiet time!










Wednesday, May 25
8:30 - Jordie to daycare
9:00 - James to school and family reading day
9:15 - 10:00 - strata work before VIU work
10:00-6:00 - VIU work (with some more strata work thrown in on my lunch break from 12-1)
6:00 - rush to Willingdon to have dinner with Jim, boys and Aaron & Kayla. Jim and the boys stayed until 8 but I had to rush off
7:15-10:15 - PAC budget meeting












Thursday, May 26
8:45 - Jordie to daycare, James to school
9:00 - 10:00 - Strata work (last minute prep for AGM)
10:00-6:00 - VIU work (with more strata on lunch from 2-3)
6:00-7:00 - Strata phone calls and AGM set up
6:00 - 8:30 - boys and Jim ate dinner with Aaron & Kayla at N&P's because I cancelled T-ball because at 3:30 it was pouring rain, but at 5 it was sunny again (stupid weather!)
7:00-8:30 - Nootka's AGM held at VIU
8:30 - made it home in time to tuck my boys into bed!
10:45 - fell asleep on the couch...and my hubby took terrible photos of me but I had to share my favorite one :)



Friday, May 27
8:45 - James to school
9:00 - 9:45 - To Willingdon for Jordie and I to say goodbye to Aaron & Kayla
10:00-11:00 - Jordie T-ball at the Complex
11:15 - Jordie to daycare
11:30-4:30 - VIU work
4:30 - Mom pick up Jordie and head to Save-On to get stuff for supper and dessert, Dad pick up James and head to get glasses adjusted. Home at 5:15
5:30 - Slacks arrive for fun pizza/ice cream birthday dinner for Theresa
8:30 - Slacks leave and we get the boys showered, then FaceTime with Nana & Papa
9:15 - Boys finally in bed, Jim and I both fell asleep in the living room attempting to watch a movie at 10pm!













Wow! What a crazy week, definitely one of the busier we've had, but certainly not the only one we've had. Last week was again crazy with Monday night being ball for Jim, Tuesday being Rally Day for James at t-ball and then finally our first quiet was almost a week ago (when I thought I would get this post done....BUT, life is just that busy that this is the first time I've really been on my computer since then!) The current week we are in is turning out to be just as crazy again, Monday Jim's ball, Tuesday was t-ball and I was out of town all day for work, then tonight was a random mid-week family dinner with my visiting niece and her boyfriend! It was wonderful though to come home at 7:30 and just chill out!

1 comment:

  1. I love having these "day in the life" posts to look back on a few months or years later. I love going back and reading them from when I just had Ryan, or just Ryan and Lucas. It's amazing to see how much has changed, and yet how much is still the same! (laundry). By the way I love that bunk bed.

    ReplyDelete