Sunday, March 28, 2021

Sunday Self-Reflection

I used to really not enjoy walking, whether to get somewhere or just for pleasure. The past 3 months has changed that for me completely. I have made it a mission every single day to get out and walk, even if it is literally just around the block near my house. It seems weird and cliché to say that it's been life changing, but it really honestly has. I have never been one to want to be active, in fact it often made me uncomfortable (itchy legs from the blood rushing to areas that weren't used to being used were the worst!) and every time I'd get uncomfortable I'd tell myself not to bother doing it. Then I'd return to the couch and sit and do nothing instead. 

Between my new LOVE of yoga and a true desire to just get healthier (the number on the scale for once is not my biggest motivator...it is a motivation, but not the only one), I find myself feeling restless and unable to settle or focus if I have sat for too long and haven't felt that fresh air on my face and in my lungs. I long for quiet alone time to just walk and think and when I come back from my walk I feel so much better able to focus on whatever is in front of me, whether that's work or parenting or whatever. 

I never in a million years thought I'd make it to where I am now. I'm down 12lbs since January and I am happier and healthier than I ever have been. I am looking forward to the rest of 2021 and seeing how far I can go and how much personal growth I will see over the year. The first 3 months have flown by and have taught me so much already. 

Photos from my awesome 3km walk tonight! The wind was howling and blowing like crazy but the sun was shining and I made it home just moments before the storm hit and the power went out.



And here are a couple photos from our very slow and whine filled walk through the trails yesterday. Every time we walk with KJ she promises she won't whine, but she is only little still and we know it will likely be a few more years before she is in to this particular family activity! 









No comments:

Post a Comment