Thursday, March 18, 2021

My wish for you sweet girl

To my sweet Kennedy girl - I hope you always love the beach and outdoors like you do now! Even on a cold and windy day you are always up for a beach hour with your Mama. You are happy to build your sand castle or pick special rocks while I quietly decompress and sit behind you and search for beach glass (our recent new shared love) or swing on the beach fort swings. 

I spent most of my pre-Kennedy parenting days at playgrounds and baseball fields with your brothers and dad as no one was particularly fond of the beach (in fact, that middle brother of yours as a toddler despised the feeling of sand on his feet). 

Once you were old enough to walk we started to venture out to beaches to just try something different that you all could maybe enjoy together (it's not easy finding common interests for a 9 and 2 year old). 

From almost the very beginning you fell in love with the beach; you love getting covered in sand and running and playing in the water, just loving the fresh air and quiet time. Over the past almost 3 years years I have grown to love the beach in ways that I never did before you came along, and I thank you for sharing your passion and love with me sweet girl. I look forward to many more beach days together, even if we do have to sometimes drag the pesky non-beach-loving boys along with us too :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment