Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Truth Tuesday - putting myself first sometimes does not make me a bad mom

I spent the first 29 years of my life putting myself first and the next 10 putting my kids first. Now that we’re in a new stage of life I’m working hard to find a good balance between the two. I'm finding and making time for me, with daily walks and Aquafit and yoga classes as often as I can get them in while also finding myself more engaged with my kids as well. 

I can truly say that I am the happiest and healthiest that I've ever been since becoming a mom almost 11 years ago. Making time for me makes me a better mom because I have more patience for them and for myself. I can admit that at times I felt resentful for not having any time alone to do things for me. In my opinion, after they are in bed DOES NOT count because by then I'm exhausted and over touched and overstimulated and don't want to do anything for anyone else or myself. Now I don't feel that way at all anymore. Even 20 minutes alone to walk and listen to music and think just clears my head and makes me feel able to tackle the rest of my day and makes me so proud of myself.

There are still days that I don't want to do anything, but by forcing myself to do even just a short walk I'm proving to myself that I am worth the time and effort. I'm so damn proud of myself and how far I've come with my physical and my mental health over the last 2 years. I have worked really hard to become the most authentic and true version of myself. I am loving my 40's so far and am determined it's going to be my best decade ever. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment