Thursday, February 21, 2013

My heart is just bursting with love, pride and happiness

I woke up today to James calling for us at just after 5 am which usually starts the day off on a bad note. However, he climbed into bed beside me as Jim got up and I told him he had to lay quietly or get up and go downstairs with Daddy. He certainly didn't fall back to sleep but did just lay there quietly. Less than 10 minutes later he whispered to me..."Mommy, can I hug you?" Of course you can little man, of course you can! What a wonderful way to start the day!

Then this morning we were watching his favorite morning show Super Why and he actually told me he had to go pee, so we quickly paused the show and ran off to the potty! This is a HUGE step for us as usually he will not stop what he is doing to pee, he will wait till we remind him.

Because we were up early we were ready to go to work early and had enough time to take some cute photos and FaceTime to say good morning to Nana which is always a nice way to start the day too!

Work was another great day, training my replacement again today and feeling very confident that she will be ready to go by the time my last day of work happens in just over 7 weeks :o)

After work I picked James up and actually took him with me to the grocery store which is sometimes a long process at the end of the day. He was very well behaved and knew exactly where all of the stuff we needed was and ran from one item to the next, helping me by slam dunking things into my basket. He was polite and friendly to other people and was in such a happy mood when we got home to see Daddy.

Speaking of Daddy, he made another fantastic dinner tonight...which James finished his WHOLE plate of. Chicken, pasta, peas and carrots! We have really turned a corner with his eating and he now knows he has to try at least a little piece of everything on his plate in order to get his small chocolate heart treat after supper. He also gets one small heart if he has a dry pull-up all day; which he did great with right until supper time when he stopped mid bite and yelled he had to go...then didn't quite make it to the potty...but hey, he's really trying which is what really matters to us at this point!

A quick shower with Daddy and then stories and songs with Mommy and off to sleep he went just before 8:30 pm. Overall it was just a wonderfully positive day in the Barrows Family World!






And if you made it this far you get to read about what our pervert little man said to our sitter today.....hahahaha! She said she went into her room to put on a T-shirt because she was having a hot flash and he must have followed her into the room without her realizing.  He saw her in just her bra and then proceeded to say to her "hhhmmm...those are nice boobies Donna." 

I just about died when she told me when I went to pick him up. I thought Jim would be both proud and horrified but when I told him he was way more horrified than I thought he would be. He told me and as I know full well he's never said anything like that to him or around him but it's so funny either way and makes you wonder where the heck he came up with that one! He has told me before that I have "cool" boobies, but certainly not nice ones! hahahahahahaha....too funny, and definitely a memory for the baby book :o)

Oh my poor child will hate my family memory keeping in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment