Thursday, February 7, 2013

Oh no...it's not good in my world today :o(

So I woke up today in more pain than I went to bed in. When I got up off the couch at 8:45pm last night to go to bed I was actually in tears from the pain shooting down my leg. I luckily had a great sleep though and when I woke up this morning was sad to discover that I could barely walk down the stairs. Thankfully Jim was still home and was able to help James go to the potty as bending over right now is next to impossible without that shooting pain happening.

I slowly and surely got ready for work, with a wonderful little man that was very helpful with both pulling me off the couch and getting his breakfast together. My Mom was again a wonderful help and offered to come here at 8 to pick up James and take him to the sitter's house for me. I went in to work a bit early to get stuff done knowing I wouldn't make it through the whole day.

My sister suggested I try accupressure/reflexology as lots of time massage can't help with sciatic nerve pain as it's not muscle related. I thought I would give it a shot so I called the lady she recommended and luckily she could get me in right away at 1:30 when I was done work for the day. I went for the appointment and although it did feel good, it in no way cured the problem. Within a few hours the pain was definitely still there and tonight I am feeling just as sore as I was last night. My hot water bottle and I are best friends and tonight I will have Jim rub my feet in the reflex spot she told me about that will hopefully relieve some of the pain. The only other hope at this point is that the baby decides to move off the spot that it is clearly sitting on that is causing the discomfort.

I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow and we'll see what he says and/or recommends that could help with the pain.

I really hope the pain subsides soon or as I said on FB this morning...the next 3.5 months is gonna be HELL!

No comments:

Post a Comment