Sunday, February 10, 2013

I Love You So...

I bought this book from a friend of mine and as soon as I read it to James I knew I loved it. In the beginning I think it was too long for him, but I knew if I kept at it one day he would fall in love with it like I did...and boy did he ever! I think at the peak of his love we read this book every day for 2 months! This was one the first books I realized he memorized and could finish the lines of every page. He used to look at the last picture of the book and say that it was Mommy and James sitting on a blanket...melted my heart for sure. 

About 6 or 7 months ago we moved on to new books and this one got tossed aside as a favorite as all books eventually do, but every once in awhile I pull it out and read it to him. He no longer remembers the lines like he used but still sits quietly through it. He really just loves being read to, doesn't matter what the book is. 

Last night I pulled it out to read and realized again just how much I love it and can't wait to read it to the new baby too when he or she gets here. I also decided to do what I had been meaning to do for months, photograph the pages and post it here for my memories sake.

Maybe years down the roads my kids will be reading this blog and will remember loving this book too.
































This is truly a book from my children's lives that I know I want to remember forever, long after none of them likes it or want me to read it to them, and long after its gone on to some other family to enjoy. I will always remember many many many nights in a row reading it to James, lovingly snuggling with him while I was making precious memories of those times, even if he will never remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment