Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Brutal...I hate failing at anything...

The doctor's office phoned me last Wednesday saying that I needed to go in to go over some results. I was worried that they couldn't get me in sooner, but realized if it was really serious they would have made the effort before the following week.

When I had my last prenatal appointment I realized on my way out the door I had forgotten to ask him about my ultrasound results, so logically thought those were the results he wanted to discuss with me. I was slightly worried so made Jim comes with me. We walked into the office and for the first time ever Dr. N was on time! He walked in and asked why I was there. Said I was there for results and he opened his computer and said those words that no pregnant lady wants to hear "you failed your gestational diabetes test."

WHAT THE HELL? Really? I was shocked and said you've gotta be kidding me. He laughed at me and said "that is your name on the screen isn't it?" He is so cheeky!

So, off I go next week to do the dreaded 2 hour test where I have to fast the night before and they take my blood 3 times. Luckily doing blood draws are never a problem for me, but the having to sit and wait around for 2 hours part is going to irritate me! Wish me luck that I pass this one, as diet changes at anytime suck, and although I don't eat a ton of really sugary stuff per say I certainly don't eat as healthily as I should either :)

Me and my first baby...24 weeks



No comments:

Post a Comment