Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Just part of my night

I have a question for all you parents out there. Do you check on your kids before you go to bed every night? I didn't think I would be the kind of parent that did, but ever since James was a baby I have felt this draw every night to go into his room and just watch him sleep for a minute. I also tuck him in and usually have to move him back up to his pillow as he's an all over the place sleeper, and then kiss his head and walk out. Now since Jordan has come around I find myself doing the double room check and it's probably one of my favorite parts of the day. I love to watch them peacefully sleeping and I often wonder what they are dreaming about in those moments.

And of course because I am THAT parent, I sometimes take pictures of them sleeping too. I had a giggle the other night when I walked into Jordan's room and found him sound asleep with his feet crossed and up on his aquarium. I thought it was so cute that I quickly ran downstairs and grabbed my camera.

He often sleeps with a leg up in the air or something funny, but this one was too cute!


Another favorite new spot for him to sleep.

The night he wanted to sleep without a shirt on and this is how I found him a few hours later. This is actually how I find him most nights and flip him over and put him back onto his pillow. 
See those rails? I think they'll be on there for a LONG time still!

Not long after he fell asleep so he's still on his pillow...and all snuggled up with his new Angry Birds blanket from Auntie Marcia and Uncle Paul. He LOVES it!





No comments:

Post a Comment