Wednesday, January 1, 2020

The big Polar Bear Swim of 2020

Last year on January 1 while watching the Polar Bear Swim, Dane looked at Jim and said "okay Uncle Jim, I think we should do it next year". Jim kind of laughed and said "oh yeah for sure buddy". Fast forward to about a month ago and Theresa mentions it to me that Dane had brought it up and was still wanting to do it. Hahahahaha the look on Jim's face when I came home that day and reminded him of his commitment from last year was priceless.

Jim has been sick for almost 3 weeks now and I really thought a few days ago that he wasn't going to go through with it, but the day came and he was ready! James also decided a few weeks ago that he wanted to do it too. Me and Jordie boy were a big old hell no on joining in, and our little KJ girl would have been in that water in a heartbeat if we let her. It won't be long before she's joining in to this now yearly tradition. 

Jim really enjoyed it and said he would for sure do it again next year. Jordie said he'd consider it. James said he'd do it again. I'm still a huge hell no. And maybe we'll wait till Kennedy is 4 or 5 before we let her take the plunge?! Or should we let her try it next year at 3 to see how she does? 

Here's the photos and videos of the day!














Yay for Post #1 of 2020! My goal is 52 posts....we'll see how it goes! I always have the best of intentions and then life just gets in the way somehow. Fingers crossed I can get back to it more regularly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment