Sunday, January 12, 2020

Sunday Self-Reflection

 I attended my first Yoga Nidra workshop on Friday night and I felt like I really connected with it. The amazing instructor Kelly talked about sankalpa and what it means and how to live it in your life. It spoke to me as I’m trying hard to make some positive changes in my life and without making actual resolutions (as those never seem to work for me), I'm just trying to open myself up to trying harder than I have in previous years, at things that seem really hard for me (for a variety of bullshit reasons).

One of the biggest changes I'm hoping to make this year is just becoming more active, with both yoga and just simply moving more. Whether that's walking, or swimming or skating with the kids. Just doing more than sitting on my butt.

Last week was the start for me and I did 2 hot yoga classes, and then a friend mentioned she was doing the workshop so at the last minute I decided to join it too. I figured if Jim was home and was able to be with the kids then I'd take the chance and do it...and I'm so glad I did.


So my simple Sankalpa is just this - take more time for me. 

I have to realize that that comes in various different things, whether that's going upstairs to have a bath alone, go for a short walk around the block, or taking the hour to go and do the yoga class. I have to start realizing that I matter too and I am hoping once I get more familiar with being okay with not always being last then maybe the tides will shift for me in a lot of different areas of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment