Tuesday, January 14, 2020

True Love Tuesday

Anyone who knows me well knows that I have Crohn's disease. I've been very fortunate for the past several years that it has stayed mostly at bay, with just some random days/weeks where I feel kinda crappy, but overall no big flare ups since the year I got pregnant with Kennedy. I had a bowel resection surgery a few months after James was born so just over 9 years ago and I always said if it kept it away for 20 years I'd be happy, so we're half way there. 

Anyways, all that to say that these are some photos I came across while doing the basement clean out. The first one was when we first got together, and the second was three years later when I was deep into a flare of Crohn's and had been on prednisone for months. It's funny because when I looked like that Jim said he never even noticed it, I guess because he saw me every day, but wow, what a difference a few years can make. That's why the post is called True Love, because it's gotta be true love to not notice that your wife to be looks like a swollen balloon. I'll never forget the look on my dad's face when I walked off the ferry a few months before that photo was taken and he was shocked to see me (remember back when there was no FB, digital photos or things like Facetime, so my parents would go months between visits with no idea what I looked like!)

2003 vs 2006

Then here I was not quite 1 year later...after a lot of walking and eating healthy, and stopping the prednisone, losing the water weight and getting medications straightened out that helped my Crohn's finally. I think I went down almost 25 lbs from August 2006 when the photo was taken until August 200 when we got married. 



No comments:

Post a Comment