Thursday, January 16, 2020

Thankful for this guy

He's on graveyard shift this week which is always tough but with a basement reno in full force before his surgery next week he has found himself running errands in the morning and then only sleeping a few hours in the afternoon/evening. Yesterday on zero sleep after working all night, he spent all day painting, picking up kids from school and the sitter, getting groceries, etc, all so that I didn't have to go out in the snow. I despise being cold and the snow makes me cranky. I love seeing it, but being out in it is not my favorite thing to do.

Then at 5pm he found out he didn't have to go to work, so he ate a quick dinner and then went outside for an hour and a half to shovel walkways and sidewalks at our strata. During his time outside I realized our KJ girl also hadn't been outside either all day so got her suited up at 7 to go out and play with Daddy for a little bit. She LOVED it and is clearly her Daddy's girl when it comes to snow!



I don't know how he was still functioning by the time he came inside shortly before 8. He had only slept maybe 5 hours the day before and then had been up since 4pm, so essentially awake for nearly 30 hours by that time. I could never do what he does!

I am thankful for his work ethic and how he will always sacrifice his own sleep and comfort if it means being able to be there for his kids and our family. I am a lucky wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment