Monday, January 6, 2020

The Week Ahead

I saw this on Instagram this morning and thought it was kind of fun, and might be a regular post for me! I started this post before work and am finishing it off just before bed.

1) One thing you are looking forward to - there are a few things actually! Hot yoga tonight with my sister (takes a drink of water as writing it so I'm not dehydrated like last time!), being back to work and routine (although the struggle today is real...I know in a few days it will be like the holidays never happened), Kennedy's dance class and Jordie's hockey today (I have LOVED the break from activities but I also love seeing them happy doing things they love) and finally continuing on the massive purge of our house that is ongoing. We started the basement and made some real progress. 4 bags of garbage, and a truck and a half to the auxiliary, plus a huge pile to be sold or distributed to other areas of the house as they get decluttered! We are going through EVERYTHING in every closet in our house and only keeping what we NEED! It feels so good already and our goal to have it done by Jim's surgery in 3 weeks is going to be a huge job but I think we can do it! 

2) Five people in your life you are thankful for - Well this one is easy because I have 4 people in my immediate family, but I won't take the easy route this week. I'll say my mom, my sister, my niece (who just gave me the most handsome new little great nephew), Ash, and Danielle. All are super important ladies to me and couldn't imagine my life without any of them.

3) One accomplishment you are proud of from yesterday - We started the basement purge and it feels so good. I can't wait to show the before and after photos. Oh and we also cooked a yummy birthday Sunday dinner for my sister too. 

4) One thing you like about the way you look - My pants are fitting a bit better these days which I'm liking! 

5) Your intention for the day - It was merely to survive the day! First day back after holidays is usually pretty rough and today ended up going WAY better than I hoped. My kids all behaved really well and everyone got where they needed to go, without too much hassle!

 Is there anything cuter than a toddler in a leather jacket?? She looked so grown up today it almost made me sad that she is almost 3, but then I remembered how much easier our life is getting as she gets older too, so I just smiled and snapped a cute picture of her and moved on :) 

Just had to share the photo too before she grows out of the awesome donut shoes she LOVES! 

No comments:

Post a Comment