Monday, April 30, 2018

I miss my Mama

I'm a total Mama's girl and I know it so you don't have to say it :)

I left home almost 19 years ago (how is that possible already?) and in all those years I bet there have been only a handful of days that I haven't talked to my mom. The longest I've ever gone without talking to her was maybe 10 days, tops.

My parents left here almost 3 weeks ago and man am I ever missing my Mama! I miss Dad too but differently. I talk to my Mom most mornings and sometimes in the evenings too. It's usually a race between me and Uncle Ron to see who will call her first and we always laugh when she is on the other line with the other one and we get booted until later. I've spent 3 years of the past 8 on maternity leaves and much of those days I've spent either talking to her or spending time with her.

They've gone on long vacations before but usually when they have traveled to Europe or back east they've still had access to wifi or phones in order to stay in touch. This time on the cruise they made it very clear they were not paying huge amounts of money just to check in with me :) I did get a short text from her last week saying they were in Guatemala and were sending hugs but that's been it since April 13 when I last talked to them in Florida the night before they got on the ship.

Anyways, I hope they have had the best trip ever and I hope they missed us as much as we missed them! We're off on a couples trip this weekend and I'm sad that I won't be here when they get back to see how happy and excited the kids are to see them. I already can't wait to see them and give them great big hugs and hear all about the wonderful adventures they got up to on their trip!

My two favorite pictures of me and my Mama - 
this one was from James's first birthday party 7 years ago

And this one was from our recent family photo shoot in December!

I look at these pictures and my eyes fill with tears and all I can hope is that Kennedy loves me when she's an adult like I love my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment