Monday, April 23, 2018

"Because I just love him and he's my family"

So James had his joint birthday party with Cooper on Saturday and we did a super easy hockey/playground party at the boys school. The kids that wanted to play hockey all lined up in the court to pick teams and Coop and James got to be team captains.

I rushed over to take some pictures and the next thing I hear is James saying "oh come on, I'm obviously going to pick Barrows, you come play with me little brother!" He literally picked his little brother to be on his team before he picked any of his big kid friends!!



I thought my heart would burst as my eyes filled with tears seeing how excited Jordie was that his brother picked him first. He only lasted a few minutes in the game before he left crying because he got hit or something but it was such a heart warming moment for me to know that even though they drive each other completely crazy that they truly always have each others backs. When I asked James later why he chose his brother he replied with "well because I just love him and he's my family".

Another great brother moment happened this weekend when the boys had a chance to sit in a big fancy ATV dune buggy thing in the back of a big truck. Jordie got to sit in the drivers seat first and he was so excited but within about a minute he climbed over to the drivers seat and yelled "come on James, you come in too!" I said it's okay Jordie you can have a few more minutes before you have to let him have a turn, and he replied with "no way, he's the big brother and he should be the driver!" It was so cute how excited they were to do it together.





They really do just love each so much, even if a lot of the time all I hear is "MOM....James/Jordie did....." I suppose the days will come where I will miss the bickering and tattling on each other but for now I'm gonna grin and bear it and hope that one day they read these posts and remember how much they love each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment