Tuesday, April 10, 2018

I promised him something a long time ago...

...and I fulfilled my promise big time!

When James found out he was having a sister and they weren't going to share a birthday he was actually disappointed. He wanted to have a joint party with her and wanted to share his day. Most kids wouldn't want that, but I think because he's always shared his birthday with his Grandpa that he thought it would be cool if baby sister shared it too.

I told him that even if they didn't share a friends birthday party that we would for sure celebrate their family birthday together. Right away he had it in his mind that he wanted a Princess Leia and Darth Vader cake..and that's exactly what he got!

Jim baked the cake, my friend Kelly did the icing, and we ordered the fondant characters from a local cake maker. Needless to say, I think James loved it.






No comments:

Post a Comment