Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Happy 1st Birthday to our sweet baby Kennedy Joanna

I really can't believe that we are already here, about to celebrate the beginning of toddlerhood and the end of babyhood for our very last baby.

Our little miss sassy pants Kennedy Joanna has changed our lives in every way imaginable and although this year has been wonderful in so many ways, it has also been a very challenging year with a lot of change and some super tough times too. She has been my joy and light through some dark days and I look forward to seeing her grow older and seeing the kind of little lady she becomes. I'm already so proud of her and how fast she is growing and changing and I get the feeling every single day that I'm going to have yet another busy and talkative little person on my hands. She already competes for attention against her big brothers.

Of course Jenn and I had to do a cake smash to celebrate this milestone, complete with a tutu (which she HATED), some pretty headbands and of course her now standard little piggy tails.

I'm going to start off as I always do with my favorite photo of the whole shoot. I'm not even sure why this one struck me as hard as it did, because even though it's not a super smiley Kennedy face, it's just so much her, and the little face I've stared into on dozens of nights as I snuggled with her in the rocking chair in her room. I wouldn't trade those moments for anything in my life. This picture literally makes my eyes well with tears and I've already ordered it big to go in her room beside the newborn one that I love of her too.













It was time to do an outfit change...into the tutu that she hated! She kept trying to pull it up over her head!




How big is Kennedy "SO BIG"


Another favorite for sure

 Giving her props to distract her from the tutu!


Figuring we were just making her crankier trying to get a good smile we decided it was cake time.











Trying a couple without the tutu to see if she'd dig in more.




She did like the icing!





Attempting a few more with the tutu

My favorite of the cake ones. I have loved this about her since she was little and started doing "so big"...I love how she tilts her head like that....so CUTE!


Her mad face when I took something away from her!

Gotta love the sparkly blue eyes in this one!










We told her to give the cake some kissses




Bringing in some reinforcements with her little ladybug stuffie


This part wasn't planned but she was so yucky that Jenn offered her a bath so we went with it...and both ended up loving the photos from this part!


This is an awesome cheesy giggling smile




Again with those big blue eyes


This was probably when I had turned the music on on my phone and she was dancing in the tub







All clean now and such a happy girl

Waving bye bye!

The aftermath of it all


Lastly here is the collage made with these photos

And a great little chalkboard about Kennedy too

Little side by side of how much she's grown and changed

No comments:

Post a Comment