Thursday, March 21, 2013

Proud Canadian Kid

Ever since we started going to hockey games more this season he has fallen in love with our national anthem, and I can't say I'm disappointed. For the past month straight we have been singing Oh Canada during our bedtime songs. I love our national song and have always loved singing it. After months on end of singing Rolie Polie and Rock a Bye Baby I was happy to have a bit of a switch in the norm.

About a week ago I realized that he was really starting to remember the words to the song and tonight when I started to sing he sang through the whole thing with me. He's not a great singer by any means, but wow listening to my not quite 3 year old sing our national anthem made me very proud.

I will try to get it on video in the next few weeks before he again changes his mind about what he wants to hear at night, but he is kind of strange about singing anywhere outside of his bed at bedtime. When I start to sing in the car he often yells at me to "Stop singing, Mommy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment