Sunday, March 31, 2013

He's starting to come around a bit

A few weeks ago we had some friends with babies over to my mom's house for a morning tea visit and had hoped that having James near some babies would help with the understanding what is going on, but instead it just kind of pissed him off to see Nana holding them! Could care less if Jim or I held them, but damn it he does not want to share his Nana.

So, ever since then when you ask him if a baby is coming to our house he usually says nope. If you ask him what the baby is though he will still usually answer either a sister (most of the time) or occassionally a brother.

We have put a big bear stuffy into the bassinette in the baby's room and we go in and see it and talk to it and tuck it in. Yesterday right in the middle of our cleaning/organizing spree he asks me if I will read the baby a book. I will never turn down a chance to sit down and read to my little people when they ask me so off we went to have a snuggle in the recliner in the sun in the baby's room. My heart just melted as he snuggled up beside me and listened to the stories. I hope he wants to do the same thing when the real baby arrives here in just a few short months!



No comments:

Post a Comment