Friday, March 15, 2013

The Ugly, The Bad and The Good

I know this is the opposite to the real saying but I've decided to write this blog with the crappy stuff first and finish off with the good stuff!

The Ugly
We finally resorted to taking our computer to the local company that was great to us before because the friend we bought it from couldn't tell for sure what the problem was. So, today they called with the ugly news. Best case scenario is it's just the inverter and the cost is around $200 to fix. Worst case scenario is that it's not that but is actually the screen that needs to be replaced, so add another $200 - $250 to that cost, so in the end it could cost us almost as much to fix it as what we paid for it in the first place :o(  Totally brutal and not an expense that we need right now with me going on maternity leave, but what do you do?! All I can say is lesson learned to not buy second hand to save some money. Better to save up and buy brand new. For the cost of the laptop and the repairs we could have bought a brand new computer. Let's hope that once this repair is done that this computer ends up being all that I had hoped it would be when I agreed to buy it, because if it isn't I will feel even more terrible than I do that we spent that kind of money on something that we shouldn't have.

The Bad
This one isn't so much a bad, as it is a sad. Today was my last day in my current position at The Peak. Starting on Monday my maternity replacement starts full-time so I will be in training/watching mode while she takes on the job for my last 3 weeks. As happy as I am to be almost done work and ready to be off spending time with James before baby arrives, I am also really sad to leave The Peak. I love my coworkers and my boss very much and will miss my favorite customers. The saddest parts of the day included cleaning off my desk and desktop and by far the hardest was changing my email signature block to not be my name anymore. For the next 14 or so months I'm going to take on my most important role of my life...stay at home wife and Mommy...and I can't wait....but in the meantime I have to pull off the band-aid and just let go a little bit of my control side and let my replacement do the job and help out however I can.

The Good
Now in amongst the really crappy and the sadness of the day there were some really great parts of today too. One was that I had a really great productive day at work. Unfortunately my coworker Maegan was off sick today with a cold, but that meant that I got to do some different work today by doing her job which I really like to do when it's just for a day here and there! It was the kind of day that went quickly and made me remember why I really do like being a working Mommy. Next up at 5pm was a wonderful pregnancy massage that my boys had given me for my birthday. There is very little I love more than an awesome massage and tonight was no exception. From there my boys picked me up and we were off to the mall for me to get a haircut at my sisters salon. For anyone reading that doesn't know...my sister owns Split Endz Salon in the mall here and she is an amazing stylist, so lucky she is in my family and that she loves me so much!
And last but certainly not least we headed to my parents house for James to have his bath, get into PJ's and wait for his Reimer cousins to show up for their Spring break visit :o) James really loves his cousins and talks about them for the months between their visits here and we are really looking forward to spending some quality time with them this weekend!

Plans for the weekend include visits with friends and family...Jim's going out to a friend's house for UFC and steak/lobster supper...and quite possibly the thing I'm MOST excited about....MY NEW WASHER AND DRYER ARRIVE TOMORROW! Woohoo! Sad how excited I am about that but I really am! Will probably post pics of them tomorrow!

That's all for tonight...sending a great big thank you to my good friend Michele who so kindly lent us her laptop while ours is being fixed! I really appreciate it beccause trying to update this blog on my iPod is kind of a pain in my ass!

Happy Weekend Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment