Saturday, December 19, 2015

PJ Day - Pancake Breakfast - Cookie Decorating!

What an awesome last day of school for James!! I was once again blessed to have my parents be willing to watch Jordie for most of the day so both Jim and I could help out today for a few different things at the school.

My day started at 7:15am when I went over to the school to get set up for the pancake breakfast. I didn't do much of the cooking (anyone that knows me well knows that I'm not really interested in cooking) but I did do set-up and serving of the pancakes. Oh yeah, and I was a rock star syrup pourer! We served over 300 kids in just under 2 hours. 7 griddles cooking pancakes for 2.5 hours and well over 600 pancakes made and everyone had a ton of fun!

Here are some pictures of James and his little kindergarten friends (and a few of our bigger kid family friends too of course).

Thanks to Kelly Davies for snapping this quick pic of me giving James his pancakes! 

hahahahahaha....yup, I attempted to cook...and it didn't turn out good at all! In my defense I did not have a non stick pan so of course the batter stuck to it like crazy! After this I stuck to syrup pouring and all worked out perfectly!

This was not even half of the pancakes that were made

James and his wonderful teacher Mrs. Butula!

James and Hadley

Lukas

Cooper

Kooper

Corbin

Lucas

Quynn

Alivia

Dane

Chelsea

Jaxon

Jack

Kirk

Another cute one of Quynn!

Me and my love

Another one of Lukas

And another one of the other Lucas too!

Had to sneak one of me and Mrs. B too!

Next we snuck out to the foyer to sneak a picture of Aidan too

And while there we also came across Linden and Colter

James and Cooper

And then James and Kooper

Some best buddies outside waiting to go back to class after the pancake breakfast



Later that afternoon when Jim was out of school for the day we headed over to help James (and his big buddy Dane's) classes decorate gingerbread men. I helped with the cookies while Jim did classroom supervision to help out the teachers. By the end of the day, I think (and hope) they appreciated the help we were able to give and we both had a good time so it was a win/win for everyone. I love seeing how much James loves having us there at school with him, it makes me so glad that I am able to find some time in our busy lives to help out.




Jack

Quynn


Kirk

Lucas

Jaxon

Lukas

The wonderful Daddy helping out Mr. O's classroom

Another one of Jaxon decorating his second cookie

And here was Alivia decorating a cookie for her mom




And one more of Kirk too

James was very exciting to get to play with Lego during center time in Mr. O's classroom

Overall, a wonderful day for both me and James (and Daddy too I think)! 
And a huge THANK YOU to Nana and Papa for keeping Jordie for us so we could make the time to spend in James's classroom too. We really do appreciate all that they do for us that enables us to make special time for either of the boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment