Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas tree memories

Started off by heading out to a great U-Cut tree farm out on Rifle Range Road just a few minutes from our house. I have a picture of us in front of this Santa 2 years ago...

...this year Jordie was not impressed by him at all!

You can't see his face but he was crying


Starting to warm up a little bit 


Happy Jordie boy with his Daddy


My perfect tree...spotted it just 2 minutes into our search and knew I had to have it!


But of course Jim wanted to walk up to the top of the lot with the bigger trees first


But I had my heart on this one so we got it!

Me and my loves!


Time to cut it down! A couple offered us a chainsaw but cutting it down is all part of the fun and experience of the farm!

Everyone had to have a turn!






Seriously my favorite photo I think!

Adorable video I took too






Helping Daddy cut the trunk straight

More cute videos


I love this picture of our little family....with our tree that was way too big for the back of our van...but we squeezed and then Jim climbed in the back and held the door closed with a rope!

 The tree is up and a bunch of needles were on the floor so the boys helped clean them up!

Lights are on and we're ready to start decorating!

Jordie's Baby's 1st Christmas ornament 




He loved this ornament...and just two minutes later it fell off the branch he put it on and broke! Hopefully we'll be able to super glue it back together because it was one of Jim's favorite.

And now James putting up his Baby's 1st Christmas ornament too!



And Mommy's favorite candy ornament too!

Daddy sure is helpful to get the ornaments up high!

This was Jordie's spot on the tree


The pile keeps growing!

Can you tell he liked that one branch?

He moved over a little bit 

Such concentration!

The boys ornaments from last year...Mater & Lightning.

Jordie loved his Mater ornament so much. 


Hugs and kisses for Mater 

Daddy helping Jordie

Putting up one of Mommy's Ninja Turtle ornaments





Just about done!


I love this photo of James!

Our handsome boys in front of our finished tree

Putting the angel on the top

Our stockings hanging from the new canvas prints made by the boys and Auntie Ra

Me and my big guy


All done and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment