Thursday, December 3, 2015

31 days of freedom

Yup, you read that right...I am officially off work now until January 4. Two weeks are the remainder of my yearly layoff and the other 2 weeks are vacation and school closure days. I can't wait to have some sleep in days and spend tons of quality time with my boys...as well as get our house in order a little bit before the start of the new year!

Tomorrow I start my time off by volunteering at James's school for the Christmas craft fair. I had a ton of fun making some crafts to contribute to the sale and I can't wait to see the kids faces as they do a little shopping for their family members. I wish more parents had contributed so that kids could buy more than 1 each, but maybe next year we can get more parents and kids involved!

This weekend will include a steak dinner out at the Carlson Club for me and Jimmy, sleepover for the boys at Nana and Papa's, hockey on Saturday for James, Christmas tree farm on Sunday morning, Santa Parade and birthday party for James on Sunday afternoon and then finishing off with Sunday dinner and tree decorating at Nana and Papa's house! I'm tired already and it's only Thursday night!

Next week will be full of toddler fun as I plan on hanging out lots with Jordie and his little friend Maddie cause we're watching her while her Mommy is working. We also plan to hit up the Strong Start a few times to get Jordie out and about a bit too so he doesn't get too bored of Mommy too soon.

Anyways, just a little update on my plans! Sure to see lots of photos and posts from me this month (I'm planning on at least 1 post a day for December) :)

These little guys are loving their daily advent calendar of Christmas books. This was the one that Jordie opened up last night!

And this was tonight's book!

No comments:

Post a Comment