Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

It's a day I look forward to every year and yesterday was another great day!

It started with an 8 am sleep in while James and Jim got up and started their day at 7. Then I got up to my cup of tea waiting and 2 wonderful cards from my boys as well as a pre-paid Mastercard to buy whatever I want! Hhhhmmm...maybe some new books for my E-Reader (although when will I have time to read them?) or some new clothes for after baby comes? or maybe some new make-up and perfume? Definitely something to think about!

At 9:30 we headed off to my parents house for our Sunday brunch with the family. We usually like to do Mothers and Fathers Day as brunch instead of our regular Sunday dinner so everyone has the afternoon and evening to enjoy with their own families if they wish. This year was wonderful as Jimmy made an awesome meal of waffles, pancakes, bacon, sausage and fresh fruit. YUMMY!

After brunch my Mom came over to help me finish off the baby's room and now that that is done I have to admit I am feeling much better about baby coming soon...but not too soon! Preferably after this Friday if I can help it! We put away clothes and receiving blankets and separated all the massive amounts of blue baby clothes we have and put all the gender neutral stuff we have in the closet and dresser. Once we know what baby is we can either put the boy stuff back into rotation or take out the boxes of girl clothes we have stored in the basement just waiting :o) Last stuff to get done is packing the hospital bag, finishing James's baby book and my pregnancy belly book that is a few weeks behind!

Mom and I spent the rest of the afternoon visiting, drinking tea and spending time together while James napped, Jim did some house stuff and Dad golfed. Then we had another yummy meal, but this time not one that anyone had to cook, we got Chinese food from Quality Foods!

I finished off the day with snuggles with my boy reading stories and having a 2 hour foot massage while we watched the Survivor finale. It really was a fantastic Mother's Day spent doing things I love with my favorite people in the whole world! I am so very grateful for the wonderful family that I have, including an amazing husband and adorable son that make me feel special much more than just 1 day a year!

James helping Nana open her present

Kisses for his favorite girl

Smiles from the soon to be big brother

Attempting to get a new great one of the 3 of us

And one of me and my Mama

Oops, forgot to take one of just me and James earlier in the day so excuse
the bad hair and PJ look! 

No comments:

Post a Comment