Sunday, May 5, 2013

36 Weeks - 9 Months

36 Weeks
Due Date: May 22, 2013
Total weight loss/gain: + 25 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes of course, starting to look forward to getting back into my regular clothes!
Stretch marks? Yes, but not nearly as bad as I thought they would be!
Sleep? Not as great as it was a month ago but I notice I'm not up peeing as much as night, just not waking up feeling very rested either! When I do wake up it can often take quite awhile to go back to sleep and the heartburn has been back to haunt me mostly when I try to lay down.
Best moment of this week: Knocking a bunch of stuff off our baby to do list. We now have the car seat in the car, our room rearranged so bassinette fits, start of baby clothes put away, and James is much more excited about baby arriving "soon".
Miss anything? Being able to go more than an hour without going to the bathroom, walking without a waddle and being able to easily pick up James and not paying for it afterwards!
Movement? Yes baby is very active these days, mostly at night when relaxing on the couch.
Food cravings? Not much of an appetite these days, but am definitely craving milk, huge glass fulls of cold milk!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope, nothing! 

Have you started to show yet? hahahaha...yes for sure, see the above picture for definite proof of that one.
Gender: Still don't know, and can't wait to meet baby in a few weeks and see if we have a new little lady or a new little man joining our family. 
Baby's name: James knows what they are and tells anyone who asks him. It's so cute to hear him saying the names and knowing that soon it will be a real person we are talking about.
Labor signs: Some minor Braxton Hicks contractions which are strange to me because last time I felt none that I can remember. I have a definite feeling that this baby may end being born by VBAC after all as I really feel differently than I did last time, like things are starting to happen to prepare my body for delivery.
Belly button in or out: It's flat now. 
Wedding ring on or off: They actually fit better now that I am starting to swell a bit more!
Happy or moody most of the time: Pretty happy actually, except for the recent news that Nana has breast cancer which was really sad, but in regards to the pregnancy everything is going really well and happy with how I am feeling.
Any mishaps due to pregnancy brain: No major mishaps but I do sometimes feel like I've lost my mind. 
Similarities/Differences between pregnancies: The two pregnancies couldn't be more different! This time I feel better at almost 38 weeks than I did last time at 28 weeks! I'm just a bit sore in the evenings but still really quite active throughout the day. I think having another kid to run after is helping with the distraction. Last time my back and hips hurt so bad by the end that I was completely miserable, this time my pelvis hurts and sometimes it feels like my leg is going to give out from under me, but other than that I am feeling great! Now I see why people choose to have more than 1 baby! 
Looking forward to: Meeting this little one and watching James meet him or her too. I also can't wait to see Jim as a Daddy again. Seeing him last night holding our friends little infant daughter just made my heart swell and can't wait to have our own little one to cuddle. 
Next doctor's appointment: We meet with Dr. DuPlessis on Tuesday to discuss my c-section date. I had always planned to ask to have it done on May 16 (his surgery days are Thursdays apparently) but with Mom's surgery most likely going to be that week I want to avoid us both being in the hospital at the same time if I can! So, now I'm starting to prepare myself more mentally for a possible VBAC, but will still be hoping I don't go into labour on my own and baby can be born on May 23! 

No comments:

Post a Comment