Friday, May 17, 2013

Baby #2 has a question for all our friends and family...

Daddy is such a good sport to paint Mommy's belly again after a long 10 hour work day and night of baseball!

Which one of Mommy's childhood Cabbage Patch Dolls will Baby #2 have their 
monthly photos taken with?


Here is a link to an online baby pool we have set up! 
Put in your guess for date of delivery (will baby wait for c-section on Thursday or come early?), gender (we are those crazies that don't find out) and of course weight and length.


I have heard about a bunch of old wives tale gender tests that can be done by doing various things or by examining things about your pregnancy. Below are a few of these tests and what their results have been for me and this pregnancy.

Baking Soda Test - Put a tablespoon of baking soda in a glass. Add some urine to the baking soda. If it fizzes like a shaken soft drink you are having a boy, if it does nothing then it is a girl. My result: BOY

String Test - Tie your wedding bad to a piece of string. Hold the string so it hangs down in front of your belly, it should start moving on its own. If it rings in a circular pattern you are having a boy, it is moves in a straight line then it's a girl. My result: GIRL

Chinese Calendar - You put in your age at time of conception and month of conception into the online form and it tells you whether it will be a boy or a girl. My result: GIRL

Beauty - If you feel more beautiful during pregnancy it's a boy, less beautiful it's a girl. My result: BOY

Heart Rate - If baby's heart rate is above 145 at 20w scan then it's a girl, if under 145 it's a boy. My result: GIRL (based on heart rate at Dr. appt at 20 weeks)

Cravings - Sweets = girl, Savory = boy. My result: GIRL for sure! 

Mommy Intuition - I'm gonna say GIRL on this one because I've regularly thought this baby was a girl, but maybe it's just because I am really kind of hoping for one! I will be really happy if it's a boy of course but would be completely pumped if I end up with one of each! 

Boy = 2 
vs 
Girl = 5 
for gender tests.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? BOY OR GIRL?

No comments:

Post a Comment