Monday, April 4, 2016

I'm not so sure that this not napping thing is working out so well....

We are really trying to cut out Jordie's nap and during the day at the day care or our friends houses he seems to do okay without it, but as soon as he gets home or stops moving he falls asleep within minutes.

On Friday I did let him nap for just over an hour but this kid is a bear when he's woken up (as evidenced by this post about that afternoon).

On Saturday we had a birthday party to go to and we didn't get home until close to 5 so we thought we were in the clear and we'd have a little supper and put him to bed early and all would be good for the day. Well I made a cup of tea and sat down to snuggle with him and within a few minutes I could feel him leaning against me and getting fidgety. I finally said to him, "just lay down on Mommy and have a little snuddle." Well within about 2 minutes, this was him.


On Sunday we were busy hanging out getting stuff together for Sunday dinner and just enjoying a quiet PJ day at home. We all got dressed and headed off to watch James's karate at 3 and Jordie was in a great mood and seemed really happy and wide awake. Again, we thought we were in the clear. We got home about 3:45 and James and Jim and I went into the kitchen and were talking and literally 3 minutes later I walked out and this is what I saw. He just climbed right up there and promptly fell fast asleep.

A little bit later my sister and brother in law showed up for Sunday dinner and I had laid him down so he was more comfortable. I asked them if they were okay to just sit around him so we could wake him when Papa arrived so we could hopefully avoid the meltdown situation from Friday.

I swear she could have sat on the end of the couch but she chose to sit on the floor!

Today, he was home with Daddy and I told Jim to either put him down early so he'd have time to wake on his own to just keep him up as long as he could. Well Jim said he fed him lunch and then asked him if he wanted to take a nap and he promptly said "no Daddy". So Jim put him down in front of a TV show for a few minutes and this how he found him just a few minutes later...


I got home about half an hour later and he slumped over a bit so I laid him down to enjoy the rest of his hour and a half long "non nap". When he woke up he was so happy to see me and promptly ran over to my chair for a snuggle. I'm going to miss these once a week lunch dates once Jim is done school and back out there working!

Usually he loves to nap, but he's catching on I guess that he can just chill out on the couch and have a little snooze there instead. We'll see how the rest of the week goes at Debbie's house and if his bedtime keeps getting easier than we'll really make it a point to keep him busy in the afternoons!

No comments:

Post a Comment