Sunday, April 17, 2016

James & Cooper's 6th Birthday Party

We decided this year to do something on a cheaper scale than last year with little planning, little structure and as little money as possible.

The idea came to be last fall when Jenn & Kelli hosted Lukas and Kooper's party at the Assumption Gym (much like we did for James's 4th birthday party). They rented the bouncy castle and when they got to the school the floor hockey equipment was out so the kids were set. Well throughout that party I only saw my kid go in the castle once for maybe 5 minutes, the rest of the party he spent playing hockey (as did most of the kids at the party). I suggested to Katryna that instead of paying for the bouncy castle (which would only be used mainly by the younger siblings), that we just rent the gym, tell kids to bring sports equipment, and then just let the kids go wild....and wild they did!

The first 20 minutes of the party I wondered if we'd made a mistake but by 2:30 when all 40 kids were there and they had the whole gym to run in I realized they were all having an absolute blast. There was of course the hockey, and then also basketball, badminton, beach balls, skipping ropes and just a bunch of balloons. Lots to keep them busy!

Once the cake was cut and served we let them play on these little race car things we found at the gym. To say the kids had blast I think would be an understatement. All the kids and parents said they had a great time and the best part was...it was actually super cheap....and half the work of doing a solo party just for James. I'm so glad to have the Lawry family in our life to share these big fun parties with!
The awesome cake that our friend Kelly made for the boys!

And the cupcakes that Kelly and I put together on Friday.


Maddie was helping Jordie get some Cheezies



Attempting to get a good photo of Jordie and Shayne

James and two of his favorite girls, Katelyn & Chelsea

Took a very short break to have some Cheezies 

Papa wasn't planning on coming but decided to walk up after his golf game. I was happy to see him!

Cake time!


Hahahahahhaha....Katryna may have called her kid by the wrong name!



Video of the moment (don't mind the crazy banging, it was 42 kids that were just wired!)

This is how me and Kat ate our cake, the scraps from the bottom of the plate!

Now just a whole bunch of kids playing pictures

Beautiful baby Gracie

DJ & Quynn

Alex having a blast!

You can't even really see how red Lucas's face was! He definitely had a great time!

The hockey playing was serious business at this party!


This was funny....James totally stole the ball from Jordie


So....he pouted....hard! 

hahahahahaha....and James didn't notice or care in the least!

It was my idea to buy this giant beach ball but I had no idea how big it really was. Thank god for friends who all took turns getting it all blown up!

After the cake was done and there was only a half hour left we brought out these little cars that the Assumption Gym had....the kids absolutely loved them!

Corbin and his big sister Alexa

I love this little guy! He is so friendly when I'm at the school and always comes up and talks to me. He is definitely one of my very favorite of James's classmates and I'm glad that he came to celebrate with us!

I actually caught Shayne in a rare still moment!

Oops....then she feel....but got right back up and kept on going!

Even James abandoned the hockey for a little bit to try one out!


I love this picture of him!

We were already all packed up and I realized that I didn't have any pictures of just James and Cooper together, so we went out to the Lawry's truck and James jumped in so I could take one!

Opening up his stack of cards from his party. 

Jordie was pointing at the camera and telling James and I to say cheese to Daddy. 

This one's cute!



I love the idea of the twoonie party and was surprised by how much some people ended up giving him! We thought one twoonie per family, but many gave him 3 twoonies to make it $6 total. He was so excited and can't wait to buy some new Lego :) 

Jordie was so excited to see B open the card from him. He kept saying, "that my monkey card for B"



Doing a count at the end! He cleaned up!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a fun birthday party for James and Cooper. Hockey, balloons, and playing with the big beach ball seemed like a lot of fun. That's cool lots of people helped to blow up the giant beach ball, and that James got to keep it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the ball stayed up he took it home how big is the ball

    ReplyDelete