Sunday, January 18, 2015

Brotherly solidarity in the form of timeouts together while wearing no pants!

About 6 hours earlier, on this particular morning, Jordan was being a total butthead before I went to work so I told him to go to timeout until he could be happy. We have just started introducing the idea of timeout to Jordan as we have found it an effective cool down time for James over the years and are 'hoping' it works for Jordan too, although if I've learned one thing about being a parent since having Jordan it's that not all things are the same with these two!

In the past few weeks Jordan has become very curious about our timeout spot near the back door. If he is misbehaving I will tell him to go there and sometimes he will and sometimes he won't. We started consistently using timeouts with James around the age of 2 and will do the same with Jordan, but introducing it now. I do think he gets the concept though as he has definitely seen his brother spend some time there in the past few months! :)

I came home from work for my lunch break this particular day and found both boys hanging out with no pants on, which I thought was funny for some reason as it's not something we typically do but with Daddy home all bets are off! Not 2 minutes later James threw a little hissy fit and found himself in timeout (but not before yelling at us "I can't have a timeout with no pants on!"). Oh yes my friend if you are going to be a butthead you most certainly can stand there for 4:45 minutes without your pants on!

He was standing somewhat quietly (which is rare for him) and Jordan and I were in the living room on the couch where James couldn't see us and Jordan couldn't see James (because he loves to walk up and poke him in the side while he's in timeout!). Jordan refused to sit on his bum on the couch as I was telling him so I put him on the floor and told him to go to timeout too....so off he went! I stood up and walked to where I could see them...and then quickly grabbed my phone to capture this picture!

I think the best part of this whole picture is the fact that they both aren't wearing pants!

Hahahahaha...I love having two boys! And I love that the door is clearly big enough for them to both have timeout together (as I'm very sure this definitely won't be the last time this happens in our house!)

No comments:

Post a Comment