Wednesday, October 29, 2014

You're right Mommy....

Those are some of my favorite words to hear, ever....but in the context that he said them I'm not so sure I should be so happy or proud of myself. This is how it all played out.

We were in the van on the way to the airport and I was behind this guy in a red corvette (I think) and the light turned green and he didn't move. I waited about 15-20 seconds then I honked my horn and he laid on his engine and took off FAST, and just about hit a lady in a black car turning into a parking lot. Having been in an accident last week I was cringing watching it happen.

So I said: "Oh you're a jackass"

James pipes up from the back and says: "He's just an idiot"

I said: "Oh no honey, that's not a good word to use at all"

To which James then replied: "Oh you're right Mommy, he is a jackass!"

I tried (and succeeded I think) to suppress my laughter and just said "uuuuhhh no honey, you shouldn't use that word either"

* Side note: IMMEDIATELY following this short exchange he told me that the guy was a "shooty head". I'm guessing he's heard me use the term shit head and he knows he isn't allowed to say that word so this is his alternative to that. He breaks this one out as often as he can if he thinks I'll let him get away with it!

Oh dear, I really need to be careful what I say around this kid! He just kills me sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment