Monday, May 28, 2018

Monday Memories - Mother's Day 2018

I had probably my best Mother's Day/Weekend yet this year! It started off with flowers from the kids on Saturday after they went shopping with their Dad! Then I got to sleep in until around 8:30 on Sunday and got up to gifts from the kids schools and cards from everyone. I love the little handmade gifts that Busy Bee's and Westview have the kids make. They are some of my favorites to keep!

As we were waiting for Jim to finish getting ready for breakfast we had a little impromptu photo session on the front deck. I've learned that it's best to snap the pic when you think of it, rather than putting it off and waiting for later in the day because inevitably the kids are crankier, the hair is all messed up and usually they are grumpy! I'm so glad they cooperated because I do really love these photos of me and my babies!





These ones of the 3 of them just make me giggle!







Next up was brunch at Magpie's with the Tassell's which is always a fun place to eat and we always have a good time together. 

Here are some pictures from the meal!




Jaxon and his yummy Mickey Mouse pancakes

James finally remembered to order himself his own eggs benny! He ate the whole benny, plus maybe a quarter of the hashbrowns!





And for the first time ever we snapped a picture of just me and Ash and all the kids. I know we've gotten some good photos over the years but I can't think of any with us and all the kids together. Needless to say I LOVE IT and it's going on the wall for sure (if I ever get around to printing new pics for the walls?) 




After brunch we hit up a local park we had never been to and took a little drive around town. Then I got some quiet alone time while Kennedy slept and the boys went out and played some hockey. It's amazing how much I now cherish any time I get alone, even if it is only an hour or two. I so appreciate the quiet like I never knew I would. 







Finally we finished off the day with Sunday dinner at Nana and Papa's house and the kids played in the pool in the backyard too. 


Yeah I'd say she was loving the pool!


hhhmmmm....strawberries and angel food cake for dessert!


Here's the pictures of me opening my presents. They aren't my favorite photos so I didn't want them at the beginning of the post...but also don't want to not include them either :) 


Overall a really wonderful Mother's Day! Thanks so Jimmy and the kids for making me feel special! 

No comments:

Post a Comment