Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thankful Thursday - Mama edition

I have the best mom and dad in the whole world. They are always there for our family and are always willing to help out whenever and wherever they can. I KNOW how fortunate I am and please don't ever question whether I appreciate them, because I do, and I try very hard to make sure that I tell them that all the time so they know that I do, and I hope they never feel like I take advantage of them. I have seen friends over the years struggle to find the kind of support that I have always had since even before I had my kids.

I have always felt and known that they were literally just a phone call and 4 blocks down the road and many times I've leaned on them hard. They have come to my rescue in the middle of the night when I had the flu and Jim was away working, they've driven me to the hospital during more than one Crohn's attack, they've come to comfort me and Jordie after a really scary fall in the bathtub, they've helped me clean up barf from a really sick baby James when I was scared and alone, they've held my hand and comforted me through multiple hospital stays, an appendectomy, bowel resection surgery, bowel perforation complication from a colonoscopy, 2 regular c-sections and then the scariest of all, my c-section/hysterectomy last year with baby K. They have literally come to pick up my kids when I was at my absolute wits end and just needed a break. They have saved me from killing each of them at least once in their lives :)

A few weeks back I was feeling very overwhelmed and emotionally just spent and I showed up in their driveway at 9am with a grumpy Kennedy and just broke down into tears. I had a to-do list a mile long and desperately had errands to run. I knew I could get them all done, but also knew it would take me twice (or three) times as long to do them with Kennedy. I don't know if other people do this, but the moment I saw my mom and she hugged me I just started to sob. She is and always has been my safe place in life, when everything else is going to shit, I know my Mama is always there to listen and give her opinion about something. She encourages me to reach out when I need it and always just lets me know she's there. I don't think anyone could ask for anything more than that.

Today was another errand running morning and I called up Nana on my way to taking Jordie to school and she thankfully let me drop Kennedy with her for an hour while I ran to 4 stores for stuff I needed for Jordie's party. She also then went and picked up Jordie from preschool an hour later while Kennedy was napping. And then this weekend she's watching K during the party so we don't have to worry about a crazy little toddler running around the bowling alley!

If you've read this and you haven't told your mom lately how much you love and appreciate her...go and do it!

So apparently the only picture I can find on my phone right now is of these two goofballs on the night before their garage sale wearing some of the boys old hats! 
Hahahahahahaha...what an awesome photo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment