Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The adventures of being a PAC Mom!

I think most people know how much I couldn't wait to join the PAC when James started school. I liked the PAC FB page over a year before he started school and couldn't wait to get involved. I sat through all the meetings last year and was gung ho to help out the best I could, while still working of course. I was lucky to be kind of 3/4 time at work so I had some extra hours and loved helping out where I could. Towards the end of last school year I was asked to join the executive of the PAC as the treasurer and I have enjoyed the new challenge and have found myself busier than I even knew I could be and still getting everything done!

I had hoped that this year I could help co-plan an awesome Winter Carnival at the school...and then I got pregnant...and wasn't sleeping well...and time just ran out so the carnival was a no-go for this year. BUT...one morning when I was laying awake at 4am and I started thinking about an idea that had been thrown around at a PAC meeting a few months before. I remember being in middle school and being able to buy Candy Grams for your friends for Valentine's Day. And so the idea to create Christmas Candy Gram gift bags was formulated...and all before 5am in the morning!

I took my ideas to the PAC and they told me to run with it, so I came up with a letter and basic order form then sent them to Kelly to make them pretty and that she did. Here is the ad that she created too. I really hope that lots of parents participate by even just ordering one for their own kids...but by donating a few extra dollars we may reach our goal of every child at the school getting one!

The absolute highlight so far for me was when James came home with the letter and form from school and was so excited to show it to me. And the best part was the absolute shining pride on his face and in his voice when he showed me that he had circled my name at the bottom of the letter. He loves that I'm involved with stuff at his school (I know most kids wouldn't even notice or care) and for that very simple reason I will continue to be involved as much as I possibly can! 


No comments:

Post a Comment