Sunday, November 20, 2016

September 2016 Monthly Memories

Our September started with one of our favorite weekends of the year...Labour Day up the lake at the cabin! 

Here are the photos from my iPhone. I'm too lazy to separate the camera ones from the phone ones so this post may seem to jump around a little bit!
I'm starting with one of my very favorite photos of not only the summer, but of all time!




































Water camera photos!





 Big camera photos










































Videos from the weekend too!




James's first day of Grade 1


Jordie's first day of preschool and daycare - more photos coming!



First day at Ladybugs Daycare - another blog post coming with more daycare photos!


Friends camping weekend to Haywire Bay - highlights below - full blog post here!



I went to Vancouver all alone to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday with him before he and his wife Grace headed to Mexico for the winter. I had originally intended to not drive myself as my brother was going to pick me up at Horseshoe Bay but ended up with the flu so I took my van...and wished I'd brought Jordie with me (and would have if I had known before I left town that Beej was sick!) BUT....I did have a great alone trip, watched movies I wanted, bought some new shoes, and just enjoyed a lot of peace and quiet!



I love the Lego store!

I so wanted to get this for James for Christmas...but decided on Lego advent calendars instead


Me and Dad at his party



Great photo of him and Grace

The book I got him for his birthday...and I told my brothers this was for sure winning me the best kid award and I was dad's favorite for sure!

The next day I stopped to visit Beej and took some pictures of just a very small portion of his massive Lego collection and a short video of the larger scale of the whole collection.





I've wanted to take a video of his collection for years and I'm happy he let me. If you've ever wanted to see Ben's collection we've talked about...watch this 35 second video!

Then I made him take me out for breakfast before I ran to Costco and to the ferry to make it home in time for Sunday family dinner.

Family photos - highlights below - full blog post here!















Show & Tell - Week 1

Show & Tell - Week 2

iPhone photos for September


Playing dress up at the Slacks






Girls night


The big blue truck right before we sold it

Jordie's first time playing MarioKart

Showing off their cards from Auntie Michele



Just hanging out in the library at the school

Yummy peanut butter, banana and chocolate treats

James was happy that his buddy Cooper Lawry is in his class this year

Trying on some sport goggles...which he decided not to get because he didn't think they would be comfortable under his hockey helmet.

Adorable Jordie with his first creation at preschool

James at karate


Was really unsettled and couldn't sleep because he was sick with a cold so he came out to the living room for snuggles with Daddy and they both fell fast asleep within minutes


Parent/child dodgeball game at the Meet the Teacher night




hahahahahaha...thank god for cell phones or poor Jimmy would have been there for a wasted trip

Tim Hortons Smile cookie challenge accepted




Big step for James...walking from VIU down to school by himself

Ouch...he ran into the wall in the gym



Breakfast with Maddie and Jaxon



 Snuggles with Maddie and Jordie


James's head a few days after the gym wall hit...and only about a week after his big fall at Haywire on the rocks. His whole forehead was pretty much yellow and green!

Such a handsome dog

hehehehehe...up close Diesel dog!

Picnic lunch at Nana's house

Not sure why he's sitting on the counter

This one is on the counter though because he was having a major temper tantrum and I said he could sit up there until he was ready to be a nice boy!

Quiet Mommy/Jordie afternoon snuggles



That same afternoon James and Jim went to the Kings game with Sean and the Tassell kids

She's such a beautiful little lady!



James at the Kings skate


So my kid...loves his back tickles!

Eating their favorite lunch....Kraft Dinner!


Very tired Diesel dog

Snuggles for his favorite guy


Sound asleep on the way home from daycare


hahahahahahahaha...he kept giggling and saying "I'm a stool head!"


Proudly showing off his Terry Fox Run sticker

 Some imaginary baseball - videos below!



Diesel "talking" and clearly knows the kids are excited because Nana and Papa are just moments away from coming home!

They're home!

"I'm not sleeping"

My favorite part of  being part of the PAC




James hockey


Finally eating some Easter chocolate bunnies






Ouch...Maddie and Jordie collided on the trampoline at daycare


And 10 minutes later he's out cold on my shoulder!

My little bed ninja loves to climb into my bed at night and warm it up for me!

They were ready early for school this day and wanted me to take their pictures outside on the deck



Brushing Mommy's hair

Doing a drawing while waiting to go to school on Friday morning

Baby Gracie and Kelly snuggles at the school one morning

Late night dinner at Snickers after our family photo shoot

No comments:

Post a Comment