Tuesday, October 25, 2016

You know you're pregnant when...

You pee at the doctor's office at 11:10am and then immediately after that appointment you drive to the hospital for blood work and get asked to pee again and although you haven't drank anything you are easily able to pee again. It's constant this having to go pee thing.

All you want to do is sleep. I feel like anytime of the day and night I could lay my head down and nap. I'm feeling just so totally drained, both physically and mentally. And I'm trying to cut down on my caffeine intake so I drink my morning cup and then I swear I count down the hours until I can have my afternoon one.

Talking about sleep...you can't sleep through the night...ever. And if I remember correctly this actually just gets much much worse as you get bigger and further along. I am cherishing the only awake once per night right now because I know my days of being awake 3-4 times per night are coming. I was awake at 4:15 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep and I was falling asleep in my chair while watching the Amazing Race last night at 9:30. Before this pregnancy I had become a bit of a night owl, I'd never go to bed before 10:30 or 11:00 and was fine to only sleep 6 hours a night...now if I only sleep 6 hours I am back to being miserable.

You go to turn off your van and instead of putting it in park you just turn the key to off....and then go to get out and notice your van sliding backwards or forwards. I may have done this a time or two in the last 2 months!

You get emotional and start to cry at random things. A few examples are: James apologizing to his friend Lukas for being a butt head, watching my two boys snuggle on the couch in the morning and hug goodbye before school and yes the best one...watching the Mighty Ducks movie (which I've seen a ton of times!) The hormones this time are crazy and my emotions are all over the place. I have zero patience and get frustrated and overwhelmed very easily.

You notice yourself screwing things up at work...or just forgetting things that you've always known. Not sure if it's the always being tired thing, but it's bad these days. I've made more mistakes at work in the past 2 months than I did in the whole year before that. It is bad and it makes me angry and upset at myself that I feel like I'm losing it some days! Some days I'm okay, but others I feel like I can barely remember my own name anymore!

You notice yourself getting very irritated very quickly about dumb shit that just doesn't matter and doesn't usually bother you in the least. A perfectly ridiculous example is the feel of my earrings in my ears. Seriously...all of a sudden I can feel them swaying when I walk or wear sweaters that they hit on. I have no idea why this is bugging me, but it is driving me crazy on some days.

You have lost weight from not eating very much and your wedding ring is always falling off (maybe this is just me but it's bugging me!) I'm sure soon I will start gaining weight again and this won't be an issue but for now I'm worried about losing it, but can't bring myself to take it off either!

You are super pumped to break out the maternity clothes now that your regular pants are just not comfortable anymore. Most people still wouldn't know I'm pregnant by looking at me, but I mainly chalk that up to wearing mostly big bulky tops, but I can definitely tell when I try to put on pants that I'm getting bigger by the day! I love maternity pants so much and wish that it was socially acceptable to just wear them all the time :)

Taken last week at 12 weeks along. It's definitely getting bigger and I am much more comfortable now that I'm in maternity pants

Not a great picture of me but James wanted in on it with me so I'm posting it anyways. This was taken in Week 11.

1 comment:

  1. A lot of this sounds familiar! Especially the complete mental and physical exhaustion. You look great!

    ReplyDelete