Tuesday, October 25, 2016

First Haywire Camping trip with our trailer!

This camping trip was so much fun and probably my favorite of the whole summer. We were starting to figure out our trailer, we had beautiful weather, and our boys learned to ride their bikes too. We spent lots of quality time with the T's and I did a fair amount of relaxing because this was the weekend that I realized that I was probably pregnant again and I was totally panicking! There was a campfire ban too so we went home with nothing reeking like campfire like we had after Texada. I know Jim was sad for no campfire but I was more than happy just using the propane fire pit we borrowed from the Garrett's. We were really lucky that this was the only trip that we went on that actually had a fire ban, which is rare for our area in the summer. 

This trip actually started for us on Wednesday night when we borrowed the McLean's truck to tow the trailer up to Haywire to get a double site that we would share with the T's when they arrived the following night. I had to work the next day but not until 11 so the boys and I spent the night and morning up at Haywire and had fun just the 3 of us. Jim had to work early Thursday morning and had to return the truck so he just drove the trailer up and set it up and then left for the night. 

Here is the view from our site to the beach, we were one of the closest sites to the water and although I had always wanted to stay in this site, I don't know if I would again. We stayed in a better site when we went in September and when we go again next year I'll try for up top instead I think.

The boys and having a healthy dinner of Doritos while Dad parks the trailer

The boys love "helping" Daddy set up the stabilizers



Ready for bed and going for a walk after saying good night to Dad 

Our part of the campsite. We purposely backed into this little area but it proved to be difficult when it came time to leave!

It got dark so quickly and I was worried when we were way far from our camp and I remembered about the bear that had been seen at this campground the week before!

The next morning we had our morning tea and hot chocolate in the beautiful cool summer air 


Grumpy Jordie




Playing in the morning before we left for town


Right after work on Thursday we headed back up the campsite and awaited the arrival of the T's. Jim came up with me and went back down with Sean because he too had to work on Friday. 

Here they are having a little rest trying out the T's awesome new camp chairs they got! 

The view from our trailer to theirs

After supper snuggles 

And coloring in the trailer while his brother went bike riding with Maddie & Jaxon


Attempting some cute shots...didn't work out so great for Maddie!

This one is not so great of Jaxon either! hehehehe 



Collecting rocks on our evening walk for painting the next day


Bedtime snuggles. I love this photo so much!

I also had to work on Friday, but another short day and thankfully Ash agreed to watch the boys at the campsite for me and they had a ton of fun. Well except for maybe James who got hit in the head with a rock and then a bit later decided to give Ashleigh attitude which of course was met with her fierce Mama attitude back (which I love and totally appreciate!) 

Here is Jordie in the morning before I left

And again enjoying our morning beverages outdoors 




I was home in time to have a quick shower and cut up the chicken for supper. 

I'm back from work and the kids are happy 

Here is the boys helping Dad make supper. Pizza grilled cheese sandwiches! 



hahahahahaha...and James posing apparently!



Caught off guard Maddie with her supper!

Didn't work quite as fast over the propane firepit but it did work!


Yummy after supper smores!





Time to wash their feet before bed and they decided to climb in together! 

I'd say this is the only year that they will fit in the tub together!

Bedtime stories in the Barrows trailer!




I love all these kids so much!

He was out cold just moments later on our bed!

And here he is the next day....just laying on James's life jacket that was stuck in the chain of his bike. This was the whole reason why James learned to ride without the training wheels. They had to be taken off in order to get the jacket out and he just decided in a split second that he was ready...and boy was he ever! 

More morning photos. These moments are some of my favorites from our camping trips. Just hanging out with my boys and visiting before they get going for the day!


Aaaawwww it's Lexi the awesome camping pug!

YUMMY camping breakfast of sausages, french toast and cut up strawberries!






And just like that the sun is shining, they are dressed and they are off!

An hour later we were off to the beach for swimming and playing in the boat that Sean was thrilled to be pumping up by hand!

Great photo of Jaxon!


These two are just too cute!





Kisses from his girl

Tried many times to get a great photo...this is the best I got! 

Now for the array of beach photos. 









This whole next set of photos the guys will probably hate me for posting but they are too funny not to! 






 For once you'll actually see me in the photos! I went swimming and Jim grabbed the camera and took some shots of me and the boys. I love it when I'm captured actually doing stuff too because although I do take a lot of pictures I do also participate in things with my kids too...you just don't often see it unless I tell Jim to take pictures! 

 















The Slacks were up at Haywire visiting with their friends and we ran into them at the beach!







Back at the campsite and playing ball while lunch is cooking



I love this photo of Ash! 


Washing off his feet before he went down for a quick nap

Papa walking Jordie up so hopefully he wouldn't be too grumpy!


It didn't really work too well though!

Another favourite thing of the weekend...rock painting! I had wanted to do this all summer and am glad Ash was down to do it too! It was messy but the kids had fun with it...especially James and Maddie!




Jordie was still grumpy and wasn't much into painting at the beginning!



He warmed up to it though! 

My very serious painter guy!



He's a couple rocks in and now he's having a bit more fun!


My rocks


I'd say she had fun!









Done with painting and playing some crib


Lexi is a bit of a sad puppy when she's tied up 

And Diesel came to visit and wasn't super happy to be tired up again either! 

Hanging out around the non-fire


Next up was the best part of the whole weekend. Our boys learning how to ride their bikes without training wheels!  This was a summer highlight for sure! I did a whole awesome blog post about it tht you can read here! No photos of James because the kid was seriously gone once he figured it out. Jordie took a bit longer to take to it but still got it within the hour of first trying! 






What James was also doing while Jordie was learning to ride his bike...demolishing a bag of Hawkins Cheezies! 


After supper bike ride around the park



More bedtime stories


And some snuggles too!

Kids are in bed and time for some adult only smores!

Ash was a happy camper!

This one was out cold in 2 minutes 

While this one was wide awake because he had a nap



And was up super early the next morning too!  





Playing in the shelter while it rained. We didn't have a single camping trip all summer that it didn't rain at least once or twice! The first one it rained only at night (but we were in a tent so it sucked), Texada it rained a few times throughout, this weekend it rained only on the day we were leaving and on our last camping trip it just poured rain one evening after the kids went to bed.

Ouch...Jordie got stung! 

We have a tradition to pack up and then do one last trip around the park before we leave.

Overall a fantastic camping weekend with the Tassell family! My parents and Ang, Tyanna and Cody came up for a visit and dinner but for some reason I didn't take many photos during their visit. It was right when the boys were learning to ride their bikes and I was clearly focused on that! Next year though I'm hoping they will come with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment