Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Morning snuggles, playground kisses & dinner dance parties

Over the past few days James has said and done a few really adorable things that I want to make sure to write here so I have them saved for memories sake. I feel like now that he's in school full-time that there is going to be so much less time for these kinds of memories to be made at home. Before I know it he will be coming home with funny stories from school that I can share on here too (until he tells me he doesn't want me to anymore!) So, here they are!

Morning Snuggles
On Sunday morning when it was Jim's morning to sleep in I was pleasantly surprised when the boys didn't get me up until just before 7. I know I heard James first around 6:30 but then he was quiet so I thought he went back to sleep. When we got up I asked him if he had gone back to bed so he didn't wake up his brother and he said to me "No Mommy, he was awake too so I asked him if he wanted to climb into B's bed and have a snuggle until we could get up at 7"

I have no idea how long exactly their snuggle lasted but either way it melts my heart to know how much they love each other. Jordan was so excited and gave me the biggest smile when I asked him if James had let him snuggle in the big bed this morning. He loves his "B" more than anyone else in the whole world.

Here is a picture of them snuggling on James's air mattress at the cabin a few weeks ago


Playground Kisses
On Monday my mom was set to pick up James from school at 11:30 I decided to take a coffee break and run down to say hi and give my boys hugs (I try to do that anytime I get the chance to during the day!)
I got to the school before her and because she had misplaced her keys she was running a little bit behind. By the time her and Jordan got there James was already playing tag with with 3 of his friends in the playground area. Jordan went into the playground and all of a sudden James spotted his brother and ran over to him and then this happened:

James to his friends (with his hands in a T above his head):"Guys, we need a timeout"
Me: "James, why do you need a time out honey"
James: "Because I have to say hi and kiss my brother"  (Kiss and hug given)
James: Okay, we can play again now"...and off they all ran (including Jordan!)

All of the other moms standing around us just said "aaaawww" and my heart just about burst out of my chest with pride and love for both of my boys.

*James explained that he had to call a time-out because someone else was it and he REALLY didn't want to get tagged while he stopped to see his brother! *

This was James saying goodbye to Jordan when we were leaving him for his first afternoon at school

Dinner Dance Parties
James has really started to like my country music station and has some favorite songs that he likes to dance to no matter when they come on. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, middle of the afternoon, it doesn't matter, he wants to dance!

Last night we were eating dinner and a song by Sam Hunt called House Party came on and he smiled at us and just said "may I please be excused from the table for a minute?" I heard the song and realized immediately what he wanted to do. Life is too short to miss out on dancing to your favorite songs so we of course said "sure, go ahead." So off he went.

Here he is this morning dancing to that same song (it plays a lot on the Stingray music station we listen to at home!)

He often does this to his favorite songs, all while singing along too. He told us last night that his favorite songs are House Party, Little Red Wagon, Ring of Fire (oh yeah we have the Johnny Cash version in the van and he LOVES it!) and the one he is dancing to in the video below is Life is a Highway (he fell in love with this song in the Cars movie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment