Monday, September 14, 2015

A 5 year old conversation with James

Another September has come around so it's time for the yearly conversation with James. I was surprised that a few answers were the same as last year but most were different. The last question was the one that made me laugh and smile the most. I love this kid!

I love this picture of James from the ball park this summer (although it looks like winter with the long sleeves and hot chocolate!)

September 2015
What is your full name: "Barrows, James....James Barrows"
If you could change your name what would you change it to: "B"
How old are you right now: "5"
What did you do for your last birthday: "A ninja turtle party, a twoonie party"

Your favorite things -
Snack: "Peanut butter and apple"
Drink: "Papa's juice"
Vegetable: "Carrots"
Fruit: "Apple"
TV show: "Rescue Bots" "Paw Patrol"
Movie: "Air Bud"
Game: "Sorry"
Book: "Big Cars Book"
Toy: "My ball and my glove"
Animal: "a dog"
Holiday: "Vacation" Me: no buddy, like a day that we celebrate, so what's your favorite holiday. James:  "Boxing Day"
Restaurant: "Donkersley...I mean Eddie's" Me: do you mean Moose n Eddie's? James: Yup
Color: "Blue"

What do you love best about -
Your Mom: "She's so sweet"
Your Dad: "That he plays hockey with me"
Your Brother: "That he's so cute"
Your Nana: "That she's a great Nana"
Your Papa: "That, you know, he lets me watch golf in his den"
Diesel: "That he's my buddy"

The coolest person on earth is: "Dad"

When you're outside what is your favorite thing to do: "How about you say what's my favorite thing outside at Nana's?" Me: Okay (repeat question with adding at Nana's. James: "Play hockey"

What thing are you the very best at: "Baseball"

When you were little what was your favorite thing to do: "Play"

Where would you like to go on vacation this year: "Vancouver"

What do you want to be when you grow up to be an adult: "A co-worker"
Me: a co-worker. oh? of who? what kind of co-worker?
James: "A VIU co-worker"
Me; "ohhhh you want to work with Mommy at VIU, that's cool"
Me (and Nana in the background): aaaaawwwww
James: "Yeah, so I won't be able to miss you, so I won't miss you so much"
Reaches in for a big old smoochy kiss (*Mommy's heart melted in that moment)

No comments:

Post a Comment