Sunday, September 13, 2015

First week of school is done!

This handsome fellow had his first day of Kindergarten (which was really only an hour...but still it was his first time in the school as an actual student so it counts to me!) :)

And this handsome guy headed off to VIU that same day for his first morning of the Carpentry program. I wish James had been ready for school in time for us to get a picture of them together.

I know this picture is fuzzy but it's the story behind it is the best part. James has been sitting in the back row of the van for months now and when asked always says he doesn't want to move back to the middle row. On this particular day as we are rushing to take Jordie to Nana's so we could get to the school James says to me out of the blue "Mom, I want to sit in the middle again so I can hold Jordie's hand." I think he was a bit more nervous than he originally thought he would be. It was such a cute moment that I frantically moved his seat to the middle row and got him buckled in.

Here he is just about to get out at the school

And just like that he handed me his backpack and off he ran

The lighting on my camera phone was terrible, I wish I'd taken this picture with my big camera instead! Next year! 





I was trying hard not to cry!

Walking off to see his kindergarten classroom


He found Mrs. Butula's room and just looked inside for a few minutes before we headed off to the library when the kindie orientation was happening.

I love this picture of him! My favorite of the day for sure!

And walking to library he actually held my hand (again I was fighting back tears!)

Adorable son of mine

Such a big guy now in front of his school

Lukas, James and Kooper

We went into the library and he asked me if he could grab a book and sit down and read it. I laughed so hard when I saw that he grabbed a joke book...about hockey! Both very much James!


James and Katelyn's first day picture!


And James and Kooper

In the classroom now and sitting waiting for Mrs. Butula to start talking


Singing songs

Jim and I met for lunch outside the school on his second day of school. It was so nice to see his handsome face during the day and hopefully we'll get to see each other often for a quick visit.

On Thursday we went in to see Mrs. Butula for our parent/teacher/child interview. I have known Brenda for years since I was just a young kid (about a year old than James is now!) and I was really excited to hear that she was a kindie teacher at Westview and even more excited when we got the class list to see that he was in her class!

Had to take a before picture so we'll see how much he'll grow over the next year!

First day of school on Friday. James went from 12 - 2:30 and had so much fun! Here he was hugging Katelyn.

And just after he put his school supplies in the bins

Fuzzy but still cute!

Signing himself into the class by moving his name from the Out to the In side of the board


Giving Jordie hugs and kisses goodbye. Jordie kept yelling "bye B"


Sitting in his spot and checking out his name!


And we can't forget Jordie's big first week too! Here is the super cool guy all dressed and ready to head off for the day with Auntie Theresa and Kaleb.


Kisses from James

All buckled in and ready to go!



These are a few cute pictures Theresa sent me of the boys playing together nicely in the driveway


And enjoying the park too

And the next day they headed to Hernando Park and enjoyed the beach

I'm so thankful for Theresa agreeing to watch Jordie a couple of times a week for us. I think they'll have a lot of fun! 
 

Such a great first week for all 3 of my boys! This upcoming week should be fun too with James doing two more gradual entry half days before starting full-time days on Wednesday. I get the feeling that everyone is going to do really well with the changes in our life...even if I feel like I'm struggling a little bit with all of the changes these days! I guess in our family's case the boys are just better with change than their emotional Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment