Thursday, September 17, 2015

Can something really be too handsome??

Last Friday, on James's first day headed off to school for a half day we were getting ready in his room discussing his clothes for the day.

Side note: James rarely cares what I lay out for him. He almost never refuses and has been know to say to me "Mom, just lay out whatever you want me to wear today." I can admit that for the control freak side of me that likes my kids to match I like it this way (and yes I know I'm lucky...and that these days are likely coming to an end soon!)

Back to the clothing discussion. I pulled a shirt out of the closet and instead of saying, "here put this on," I asked him what he thought of it.

Here's him in the shirt I suggested. He also happened to be wearing those shorts that day too so I figured it was a great outfit for a first day of school. 

The next thing I knew he flat out refused to wear the shirt and when I asked him why he literally said to me "because Mom, it's TOO handsome of a shirt for today"

I just started laughing and said "WHAT?" He insisted to me again that it was just TOO handsome for school that day and that he had to wear something else.

So, I let him pick a shirt instead.

This is which one he chose! Apparently Frankenstein isn't handsome at all so it's totally an appropriate shirt for school. The only bad thing was that by the end of the afternoon when I went to pick him up it was smoking hot outside and the poor guy was sweating up a storm running around on the playground with his friends. He ended up taking it off and walking home in an undershirt (YES, he also insisted on wearing an undershirt too!)

Apparently once he felt that the shirt I picked would be TOO handsome there was no way I was going to be allowed to do his hair because as soon as I tried to brush it I was told very sternly that "NO, Mom, you are making it too handsome! I do not want it spiky!" All I was trying to do was flatten it down because he desperately needed a hair cut!

Oh James, your personality is shining and showing even more now than it ever has (which is scary because you've had a wonderfully crazy personality for years now!). I love you big guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment