Friday, October 18, 2013

I stressed myself right to the ER

Jim said it best when I answered my FaceTime from the hospital bed and he realized where I was..."well that didn't take long, just 3 days I've been gone and you are sick!"

In the past my body and my immune system has not reacted well to stress. Last year when I was all worried about a position at work I ended up there, and this time I think it was just a culmination of the past few weeks of not a lot of sleep, and a WHOLE LOT more responsibility in my new life.

I really honestly wasn't feeling super stressed out and had in fact had some pretty good days on Monday and Tuesday getting lots of accomplished and feeling more organized and ready to tackle my new roles as single Mama and as the sole resident manager of our strata.

I guess my body thought differently! I woke up on Wednesday morning at 5:30 after just a few hours of sleep and could tell within about a half hour how the day was gonna go. The nausea started and the stomach cramps. I got up at 8:30 and called my mom. She came to get the boys, I took a T3 and some Gravol, went back to bed and hoped for the best. Got up 3 hours later, got sick, ate some soup, had another nap, woke up again and got sick and realized that the day was just going downhill and from past experience knew very well that it would get much worse before it got better. I've never had an incident like this where I haven't had to go to the ER for fluids and at least some Gravol and/or morphine for the pain, and Wednesday night was no exception. Within a few hours of being there I was feeling much better with some saline in me and some Gravol to calm my tummy.

They can't and won't say for sure that it's my Crohn's disease back again, but I'm beginning to suspect that because I am feeling totally fine now 2 days later that it is in fact just the way my body deals with extreme stress, whether I am feeling it or not. Time to take a step back, prioritize and keep myself healthy so I can take care of my little munchkins while Daddy is away.

I truly could never have gotten through the past 2 days without my Mom and Dad. I knew James had spent too much time there when today in the grocery store he called me Nana! They have been absolutely wonderful in watching the boys when I was sick on Wednesday and on Thursday when I had strata work and my bookkeeping class I had to do. Without them I truly don't know what I would have done. Thanks again Nana & Papa, you two truly are the best and we couldn't have done it without you! 

My "friend" that came home with me on Wednesday night and stayed until 6 pm on Thursday, just in case the internist decided I should have IV steroids or a CT scan. I never heard from him so I had mom take it out last night before my class...holy shit did it ever hurt coming out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment