Monday, October 14, 2013

How we're getting by without Daddy...

Wow, I give it up to all those single Mamas out there...it's a lot of work! I've been very fortunate since having kids that I've always had an awesome husband who did a ton to help out with the kid(s), as well as the cooking and cleaning. Well fast forward to yesterday and today and holy shit I'm tired already! I know I'll get into the swing of things but trying to do and be everything for my boys is a lot of work...and I have great kids so I can only imagine what it would be like if they weren't. Jordan was fussy today and even then he still had his usual 3 naps which I was able to get stuff done in. James was a trooper and played really great alone today, as well as reading books together and playing Dominoes with me. He loves to play with me, but can easily entertain himself too. I even got to have a shower tonight, with Jordan in the bouncy chair while James watched an episode of My Big Big Friend. I know some days are gonna be easier and harder than others, but I will say I'm quite damn proud of myself for making it through these first 2 days. I've only cried twice and then just got up and did something to distract myself from the feelings of missing my honey. It was great to talk to him and to know that he is taking a huge step to changing our lives and how nerve wracking it must be for him. His days are gonna be long, but so worth it in the end! Just 20 more days till he's home...and until then the boys and I have a Calendar of FUN to put stickers on each day! For each week of stickers that James puts up there he gets to do one fun activity with Daddy when he's home! Needed a way to use up some of the hundreds of stickers we have in this house and I think this will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment