Monday, January 23, 2023

The new jerseys are a hit!

James's U13 rep team got new jerseys this weekend and not only do they look awesome, they have an incredible local sponsor too! A&W stepped up in a big way to get these kids these new jerseys, and the best part is that they have their names on them and they get to keep them at the end of the season! 
Talk about an amazing memento of an exciting year. 

No matter how this season turns out for this team, I know that for James, this year will always hold special memories for him, and for us. His first (and maybe only) year playing rep hockey, and it's been quite the year so far. It's had it's ups and downs, but overall he's been proud and happy to play hockey with these kids. Playoffs are starting in two weeks and they are making a run for the provincials. I can't wait to see how the next few weeks goes for this team!

Such a great picture of this group of kids! 

Seeing our last name on this jersey makes me tear up. I am a sap, yes, but truly, watching this kid play competitive hockey this year has been such a great experience for Jim and I. He worked SO hard to improve his skills over the last few years and he earned his spot on that team. He's played hard, had some great moments, taken some good and bad penalties, celebrated some great wins and mourned some tough losses. Whether he ever makes another rep team in the years to come remains to be seen, but I'm sure the fire is there to at least try out next year (and that's all we can hope for!)

Side note: A&W will always hold a special place in my heart. My best friend in high school, Melanie...her parents owned the restaurant back then when it opened. I spent many evenings hanging out there helping Mel finish up with work so we could go and have a sleepover. The couple that bought it from them many years ago, still owns it today! Their support for our team has been incredible!

Why are pre-teens just a little bit awkward?! 

And just for memories sake...I'm going to leave this text message that was shared on our TeamSnap today. This was sent to our hockey association about our team and it was shared with the parent group. I had James read it and he smiled ear to ear telling me all about how they cheered them on during their scrimmage. THESE are the things that I hope these kids remember years down the road.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment