Monday, January 2, 2023

A new goal for 2023 - 52 hikes in 365 days

We have discovered a love of hiking and discovering local trails in our backwoods areas and our goal this year is to do 52 trail hikes of varying lengths and difficulties along the way. I'd love to do 52 different trails, but that might be a bit of a lofty goal. I'll just be happy with 52 hikes total. We definitely have some favorite areas we like to hike and can do those shorter hikes in the spring and summer when the days are longer. Right now through the winter we are kind of limited to just weekends which makes that a bit tougher! I'll keep track along the way and we'll see how far we get. 

Anyways, we started off 2023 with a loop around Mud Lake in the Duck Lake trail system. It was around 5km and we all had a great time. Not too much whining, which is always a win when that happens. 5-6km is about the max that we've pushed Kennedy to walk before, but I'd like to get up in the 8-9km range by the end of the year :) 


















Today's hike was another great one! This time it was just me, Jim, Jordie and our Koda bear. I was so excited to finally find the trail that contains Roger's Roost! There are so many trails I've wanted to do for a really long time, and this was one that was on my list. I will definitely be going back here many times over the years! 













I love that our Jordie boy decided to come with us today. He's always been our most adventurous kid and the one that wants to spend time with us outdoors. The other two were more than happy to stay home together today. 


After a good 30 minute play session with Ruby & Wally this morning and then an hour and a half long run this afternoon, he was DONE! Just ready to fall asleep, but had to be in the dining room right next to his people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment