Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Start of the Preschool Days!

Congratulations James on your first day of preschool today!

Daddy and I are so very proud of you big guy and how you handled this huge milestone in your life. You handled it just like you do almost everything else in life, with ease, comfort and trust in the world around you.

We walked you up to the door and you dove right into your backpack for your slippers and then rushed off to the washroom to wash your hands. With just a quick hug and kiss for Daddy and me....you were off...without a second look back. Thankfully Janet brought you to the big window to wave goodbye to us, I blew you a big kiss and happily you are still just enough of my baby that you blew me one in return. As Daddy and I turned around and walked away I'm not gonna lie, I totally had tears in my eyes. 

Two and a half hours later we picked you up and it warmed my heart when I was walking up the driveway and you spotted me and all I could hear were the best words ever "ooohhh....my Mommy is here!" You have looked forward to this for months now, since we started reading about Franklin going to school. You used to ask if you were going to go on the bus to school, but finally after being told numerous times that you are only 3, you have relented to letting us drive you there! While I was pregnant with Jordan all you kept telling people was that you were going to school after the baby came, we had to remind you that it would be 3 whole months after it came, but you didn't care, you just couldn't wait to get there. You love your little backpack and you look just so darn cute in it too. These are memories I know we will cherish forever. 

We love you so much James and are so proud of how awesome of a kid you are. We know you will succeed at preschool...especially if you can keep the adult words under wraps...and hope you will make some new fun friends to play with. We hope for you to learn about kindness, compassion and loving those around you. We can't wait to see all the fun crafts you come home with and to help you pick your special items for show and tell. We wish we could be flies on the wall, watching you in your new environment, basking in the feelings of love and pride that we have for you as our son. We want to be able to witness the changes you will go through while in the care of those we've trusted you with, but also know we can't because now is your time to grow and change without us. As much as those changes could be scary for some kids, it's exciting to see that you are such a confident and friendly 3 year old little guy who is ready to conquer the world! 

Good luck big guy and I'm sure as the year goes on this blog will feature many fun stories of your preschool adventures. 

Here's the fun and cheesy pictures we took of you today, on your first day of preschool at Busy Bee's! 








No comments:

Post a Comment